Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dubai Buzzing with ART!

I got here just in time for the fenzy of Art in Dubai. I was invited to the opening of Art Dubai which takes place every March at the Madinat Arena. As the first contemporary art fair in Dubai, the Fair has become a cornerstone for the rapidly growing art community of the Middle East. The 2008 fair will host nearly seventy galleries from the Middle East, Asia, Europe, North and South America, North Africa and.... Australia! Australia was well represented by Galleries Direct from Sydney. I enjoyed a chat with Cameron Hall the director about the new market for art in Dubai. This is the second art fair and it was massive! We are STARTING at the level of Andy Warhol and upwards and that is a very high standard indeed. Myhead was spinning from all of the imageryby the end of the night. Next year I promise myself I will be right in there as a part of this amazing event.
Check it out at www.artdubai.ae

No comments: